Propylene Glycol – PG – USP 99.9% –[CAS #: 57-55-6]
A pharmaceutical-gradehigh-quality PG (Propylene Glycol). Also, it is called Methylethylene Glycol,or 1,2-Dihydroxypropane, or Propane-1,2-Diol (IUPAC Name).
Propylene Glycol comes in a viscous liquid form. Its colorless, odorless,non-allergenic, and has a slightly bitter taste witha subtle mild sweetness.
Compared to vegetableglycerin, the viscosity of PG is lesser. Also, its considered as one of themain components of the e-liquidproducts. Basically, It turns into vaporwhen heated to produce a light (less thick) vapor with a bit harsher throat hit to the user compared with glycerin. On the otherhand, Propylene Glycol is a fantastic flavor solvent and carrier and is 4 to 6times more potent flavor carrier than glycerin.
In General, hereunderare some of the PG common uses:
· An emulsifier incosmetic and pharmaceutical creams
· A solvent in elixirs andother liquid medications
· Flavoring carrier,diluent, and solvent in electronic liquids industry
· Coupling agent andsolvent in sunscreens, lotions, shampoos, shaving creams, etc.
· Humectant, preservative,and stabilizer in pet food, bakery goods, salad dressings, and other foodflavorings
· A solvent for flavoringsand dyes in toothpaste and mouthwashes
· Plasticizer for hairsprays, hand sanitizers, and moisturizing cream
Call to buy: +1(905) 267-8555
Address: Toronto Airport Corporate Center, 2680 Matheson Blvd East,
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada - L4W 0A5